Volunteering at FWCS Study Connection
Benefits for Business
Companies who support Study Connection are providing FWCS students with an important resource for academic success. While doing so, they also reap the following rewards:
- Employees feel loyalty to a company that allows them the opportunity to give back to the community under the company's name.
- Employees are more productive. They know that in order to do volunteer work, their job responsibilities must get done.
- Employees get to know other employees outside of their immediate departments. This can strengthen work relationships and ultimately benefit productivity.
- Customers identify positively with the business as one who is not just in the community, but part of the community, which often impacts consumers.
Study Connection Volunteer Application
Click here for the volunteer application form
Weekly Progress Report
Click here to submit a Weekly Progress Report
We encourage you to become a Study Connection volunteer because:
- It's a way to help you connect with your community.
- It provides you with a sense of achievement.
- It sends a signal to your family, friends, and co-workers that you have achieved a healthy life-work balance.
- You have an opportunity to meet new people.
- You can 'payback' what was given to you by other caring individuals throughout your life.
- You can change a life.
Individuals do not need any special skills to become a Study Connection volunteer. However, individuals must be willing to commit to the program for one hour each week for one school year. The desire to provide a student with a positive role model, patience, and understanding, dependability, flexibility and discretion are all important characteristics the successful volunteer possesses. Most importantly, before being matched one-to-one with a student, all volunteers must successfully complete the volunteer application process.
As a volunteer tutor, you may be asked to help a student with the following:
- Study Skills
- Organization Skills
- Develop positive attitudes about learning and school